LOW-PRO Ice Cleats Overview
LOW-PRO are ultra-convenient Ice Cleats you'll find practical and easy to use. Many people can simply put their LOW-PRO on before leaving the house or business and take them off when they return.
You can leave them on your shoes and boots because LOW-PRO Ice Cleats are safe to wear while you drive and walk on most indoor floors. You don't have to repeatedly take your Ice Cleats off and put them back on every time you
- get in and out of your car;
- get on or off mass transit; and
- lastly, enter into or leave a store or train station.
What could be more convenient?
Wouldn't you or your employees be more likely to use LOW-PRO Ice Cleats than ones you have to continually be putting on and taking off?
Aren't LOW-PROs the answer to a prayer for commuters and people living in cities?
Read this entire page to discover LOW-PRO's revolutionary features that make them so different from traditional Ice Cleats.
LOW-PRO Ice Cleats Unique Benefits
LOW-PRO Ice Cleats Protect You on All Winter Slippery Conditions
You walk confidently. You don't have to worry that your next step is on a slippery surface your Ice Cleats don't work. Many competing Ice Cleats are
- either not effective or are marginally effective on black ice,
- rendered useless when there's a thin layer of snow on top of the ice; and
- lastly, not able to provide traction in frigid temperatures when ice is denser.
LOW-PRO Ice Cleats handle all these conditions and more. Furthermore, LOW-PRO keeps you safer in all winter conditions better than competing Ice Cleats. Here's why.
You Can Safely Wear LOW-PRO Ice Cleats While Driving and Indoors
That's because both the studs and treads make contact with the surface giving you traction on ice and snow as well as smooth dry and wet surfaces. They will not damage most commercial grade floors and tile. Do not wear them on wood floors or soft vinyl floors.
LOW-PRO Ice Cleats Have 26 Well-Positioned, Aggressive, and Durable Tungsten Carbide Studs
- Tungsten Carbide Studs are far more durable than the carbon steel studs and stainless steel coils found on most competing products.
- Aggressive Studs are
- more effective on any ice;
- especially critical on extremely cold, dense ice where less aggressive spikes, steel coils, and Gritted Ice Cleats become ineffective;
- essential for safety when walking on uneven ice because it's possible that only on stud may be in contact with the ice.
- Well-Positioned Studs ensure at least one aggressive stud will make contact with the ice no matter how uneven or rough it is.
- Patented Heel Spikes allow you to walk naturally. That's because your heel is the first thing to strike the ground when you take a normal step. Many ice and snow traction devices force you to walk more flat-footed. Because walking flat-footed isn't natural, you tend to forget. One mistake can cause your heel to slip forward and out from under you causing a serious fall.
- Spikes are Securely Molded In and Not Replaceable. There are two advantages.
If having replaceable spikes is important to you, find out more about Winter Walking Grip-X Ice Cleats. Grip-X use a patented replaceable spike design that's flat for comfort and ultra-secure.
- Non-Replaceable spikes are more comfortable because the mounting mechanism required with most replaceable spikes makes them thicker. The thick mounts create bumps and cause discomfort for some people. It's like standing on marbles especially over long periods of time.
- Permanently mounted studs have one less point of failure because replaceable studs pose a risk of falling out.
LOW-PRO Ice Cleats Are Easy to Put on and Take Off
- place the toe of your shoe in the front strap.
- Then you grab the two rear, textured Dual Pull Tabs, a patented Winter Walking exclusive feature, pulling the heel strap out, back and over the heel.
It's also easier because of Winter Walking's Dual Density Design. The rubber between the front of the shoe and the heel, where there is little or no wear, is thinner making the device easier to stretch.
- They're Uni-Foot so you don't have to worry about left or right.
LOW-PRO Ice Cleats Stay Aligned and Securely on Shoes and Boots
- Bell-Shaped Design fits over the entire front of the shoe or boot and is the best way to keep an ice traction device securely in place.
- Flat Strap Design is better than a round or oval strap because it provides more surface area and therefore more friction to keep it from slipping.
- Proprietary Strap Material provides amazing resistance to sliding.
- Patented Heel Design has a ridge that catches between the heel and the upper section of your shoes and boots to help keep the Ice Cleats from slipping down and off the back of your footwear.
LOW-PRO Ice Cleats Have Aggressive, Self-Cleaning Treads
Aggressive Treads provide traction in deep snow. Most competing Ice Cleats either
- provide no traction in deep snow, or
- reduce traction in deep snow.
Self-Cleaning Treads have two advantages.
- Treads are useless if they're clogged with snow or other debris; and
- Preventing snow and debris build-up helps to ensure the studs make contact with the ice. Contact with the ice is especially critical when there's a layer of snow on top of the ice.
Makes compliance monitoring easier.