LOW-PRO Ice Cleats Overview
LOW-PRO are ultra-convenient Ice Cleats you'll find practical and easy to use. Many people can simply put their LOW-PRO on before leaving the house or business and take them off when they return.
You can leave them on your shoes and boots because LOW-PRO Ice Cleats are safe to wear while you drive and walk on most indoor floors. You don't have to repeatedly take your Ice Cleats off and put them back on every time you
- get in and out of your car;
- get on or off mass transit; and
- lastly, enter into or leave a store or train station.
What could be more convenient?
Wouldn't you or your employees be more likely to use LOW-PRO Ice Cleats than ones you have to continually be putting on and taking off?
Aren't LOW-PROs the answer to a prayer for commuters and people living in cities?
Read this entire page to discover LOW-PRO's revolutionary features that make them so different from traditional Ice Cleats.
LOW-PRO Ice Cleats Unique Benefits
LOW-PRO Ice Cleats Protect You on All Winter Slippery Conditions
You walk confidently. You don't have to worry that your next step is on a slippery surface your Ice Cleats don't work. Many competing Ice Cleats are
- either not effective or are marginally effective on black ice,
- rendered useless when there's a thin layer of snow on top of the ice; and
- lastly, not able to provide traction in frigid temperatures when ice is denser.
LOW-PRO Ice Cleats handle all these conditions and more. Furthermore, LOW-PRO keeps you safer in all winter conditions better than competing Ice Cleats. Here's why.
You Can Safely Wear LOW-PRO Ice Cleats While Driving and Indoors
That's because both the studs and treads make contact with the surface giving you traction on ice and snow as well as smooth dry and wet surfaces. They will not damage most commercial grade floors and tile. Do not wear them on wood floors or soft vinyl floors.
LOW-PRO Ice Cleats Have 26 Well-Positioned, Aggressive, and Durable Tungsten Carbide Studs
- Tungsten Carbide Studs are far more durable than the carbon steel studs and stainless steel coils found on most competing products.
- Aggressive Studs are
- more effective on any ice;
- especially critical on frigid, dense ice where less aggressive spikes, steel coils, and Gritted Ice Cleats become ineffective;
- essential for safety when walking on uneven ice because it's possible that only on stud may be in contact with the ice.
- Well-Positioned Studs ensure at least one aggressive stud will make contact with the ice no matter how uneven or rough it is.
- Patented Heel Spikes allow you to walk naturally. That's because your heel is the first thing to strike the ground when you take a normal step. Many ice and snow traction devices force you to walk more flat-footed. Because walking flat-footed isn't natural, you tend to forget. One mistake can cause your heel to slip forward and out from under you causing a serious fall.
- Spikes are Securely Molded In and Not Replaceable. There are two advantages.
If having replaceable spikes is important to you, find out more about Winter Walking Grip-X Ice Cleats. Grip-X use a patented replaceable spike design that's flat for comfort and ultra-secure.
- Non-Replaceable spikes are more comfortable because the mounting mechanism required with most replaceable spikes makes them thicker. The thick mounts create bumps and cause discomfort for some people. It's like standing on marbles especially over long periods of time.
- Permanently mounted studs have one less point of failure because replaceable studs pose a risk of falling out.
LOW-PRO Ice Cleats Are Easy to Put on and Take Off
- place the toe of your shoe in the front strap.
- Then you grab the two rear, textured Dual Pull Tabs, a patented Winter Walking exclusive feature, pulling the heel strap out, back and over the heel.
It's also easier because of Winter Walking's Dual Density Design. The rubber between the front of the shoe and the heel, where there is little or no wear, is thinner making the device easier to stretch.
- They're Uni-Foot so you don't have to worry about left or right.
LOW-PRO Ice Cleats Stay Aligned and Securely on Shoes and Boots
- Bell-Shaped Design fits over the entire front of the shoe or boot and is the best way to keep an ice traction device securely in place.
- Flat Strap Design is better than a round or oval strap because it provides more surface area and therefore more friction to keep it from slipping.
- Proprietary Strap Material provides amazing resistance to sliding.
- Patented Heel Design has a ridge that catches between the heel and the upper section of your shoes and boots to help keep the Ice Cleats from slipping down and off the back of your footwear.
LOW-PRO Ice Cleats Have Aggressive, Self-Cleaning Treads
Aggressive Treads provide traction in deep snow. Most competing Ice Cleats either
- provide no traction in deep snow, or
- reduce traction in deep snow.
Self-Cleaning Treads have two advantages.
- Treads are useless if they're clogged with snow or other debris; and
- Preventing snow and debris build-up helps to ensure the studs make contact with the ice. Contact with the ice is especially critical when there's a layer of snow on top of the ice.
Makes compliance monitoring easier.
LOW-PRO Ice Cleats Revolutionary Features
- You can wear LOW-PRO indoors because Transitional Traction Technology Allows both the tread and studs to make contact providing traction on smooth surfaces without damaging most floors.
- 26 1mm Tungsten Carbide Studs
- provide excellent traction on ice and black ice;
- are more studs than on any other stretch traction device; and
- are molded in for greater retention, durability and comfort.
- 1-piece molded proprietary synthetic compound straps
- are extremely durable;
- resistant to chemicals and other contaminants;
- have no memory and never stretch out of shape;
- stay flexible at low temperatures; and
- have a unique characteristic that grips the surface of your footwear to prevent it from slipping out of alignment.
- Sole/Heel (colored) material is harder material than upper stretch portion so sole/heel have greater abrasion resistance and durability while upper has greater stretch.
- Dimpled foot bed grabs the bottom of your shoe or boot to prevent the device from sliding out of place.
- Aggressive tread pattern is self-cleaning and provides traction in snow, slush and mud.
- Multiple ridges on the inside of the heel strap help to prevent Ice Cleats from slipping off the heel.
- Easy On / Easy Off because...
- patented Dual Pull Tabs make it easier to grab hold of the Ice Cleats while stretching them over your shoes and boots;
- patented Dual Density Construction makes it easier to stretch; and
- Uni-Foot Design (No Left... No Right) eliminates the hassle of having to locate the left or right cleat.
- Versatile because LOW-PRO
- fits over all types of shoes and boots;
- provides traction on all slippery winter surfaces including ice, packed snow, deep snow, slush and black ice; and
- is safe to wear while driving.
- Patented Open Design
- stays securely on footwear; and
- is lightweight & compact.
- Bright colors facilitate compliance monitoring.
- Sizes: JD6610-S Small, JD6610-M Medium, JD6610-L Large, JD6610-XL Extra Large, JD6610-XXL Extra Extra Large
- Model: JD6610
- Made in the Taiwan
LOW-PRO Slippery Surfaces
|Snow and Slush
|Water and Other Liquids
|Safe for Driving
Applications for LOW-PRO Ice Cleats
Best Ice Cleats for
LOW-PRO Ice Cleats FAQs
Do you sell Ice Cleats that provide better traction than LOW-PRO?
Yes and No. LOW-PRO provides the best traction for an Ice Cleat you can wear indoors. However, both HIGH-PRO
Ice Cleats provide the ultimate traction on ice, snow, packed-snow, slush and black ice. HIGH-PRO and GRIP-X Replaceable Spike Ice Cleats provide better traction because they have longer 2mm Tungsten Carbide Studs. However, the longer studs will damage floors. They're also more slippery on sewer grates and utility hole covers. There's always a trade off between performance and convenience. If you don't mind constantly putting on and taking off Ice Cleats, I'll always recommend the more aggressive models.
What if a store has a sign requiring customers to remove their Ice Cleats?
You have to take them off. It's their store. Furthermore, do you really want to the one who has to explain the virtues of LOW-PRO Ice Cleats to the store owner and every other person in the store who did have to remove their Ice Cleats?
Are LOW-PROs available in all black?
No. The bright orange color is a helpful feature for companies because it helps managers monitor safety compliance. However, many individuals prefer something more subdued. Look at AltraGrips-Lite Low Profile Ice Cleats
You Won't Find a Better Place to Buy Ice Cleats
- Don't guess about which Ice Cleats or shoe attachments are best for you.
The expert advise you need is a phone call away at 610-670-2549.
- Help is available when you need it between 7:00 AM and 11:00 PM EST.
- Authorized Dealer
- Low Price Guarantee
- Volume Discounts
- Same Day Order Processing
- We stock what we sell. If we need to bring in additional stock we can usually get it within 24 hrs.
- Fast Shipping
- Immediate Size Exchanges
- U.S. Family-Owned and Operated