Your safety while walking on ice is not a "slam dunk" regardless of what Ice Cleats you're wearing. As I say throughout this website, Ice Cleats cannot guarantee you won't fall on ice. Ice Cleats can only reduce your risk. Choosing the right Ice Cleats minimizes the risk of a fall. Selecting the wrong Ice Cleats can increase
your risk. Worse yet, mediocre Ice Cleats may make you feel overconfident. Here's why.
I'll help you find Ice Cleats that balance performance and safety with convenience and practicality.
- Not all Ice Cleats work well
- in all winter slippery conditions. Some brands only work on ice and packed snow. Unfortunately, that's not how nature works or the real-world slick surfaces you walk on. There's usually a combination of deep snow, that over time becomes packed snow, and after melting and refreezing becomes ice or black ice. And you can't forget about the dry patches. Depending on the type of surface, some ice cleats can extremely slippery.
- in frigid temperatures. The lower the temperatures the denser the ice. Traction on ice requires penetration. Your Ice Cleats with a less aggressive stud designs may work well at 25° and not at all at 10° or below.
- on rough, uneven ice because the distribution of the spikes are poorly distributed. Once you lose traction, it's hard to get it back and you will go down.
- on steep inclines.
- as studs wear down because the spike design causes to studs become smooth or more blunt and therefore less aggressive.
- Your Ice Cleat's strap design and durability are critical because keep your Ice Cleats securely on and aligned on your footwear. Loosing an Ice Cleat in the middle of an icy parking lot or sidewalk is a disaster because
- Even if a strap hasn't broken and you somehow manage to safely retrieve it, you have nothing to hold on to while putting it back on.
- If the straps did break, you're in real trouble.
- Do you find Ice Cleats too difficult to put on or inconvenient, and impractical to use? Owning Ice Cleats won't do you any good if their in a drawer in your garage.
Questions to Ask Yourself Regarding the Importance of Ice Cleats
Answer this question, "Do I need the best Ice Cleats?" by asking yourself a few questions. Do you enjoy
- getting a paycheck;
- going fishing, hunting, walking, hiking, camping, golfing, or playing tennis;
- playing with the kids and grandchildren; and
- paying for lost time accidents?
So, if you're in business,
In a fraction of a second, a slip on the ice and the long-term effects of the resulting injury can turn your life or business upside down.
- How many lost-time accidents can you afford?
- How do you replace the expertise if a key employee is injured?
- What happens if you're injured? For many smaller businesses, you are the business.
- Is it good to have higher productivity from employees who aren't moving slowly trying not to slip on the ice?
- You may not be able to work or enjoy your favorite activities for weeks, months, or even ever again.
- It can be a financial disaster for you, your family, and business.
- When you're "better", many people have lingering pain that detracts from all their activities including their ability to perform their job.
- If you're a senior citizen, a high percentage of seniors who break their hips die within a few years from complications. If you don't believe me, Ask your doctor!
No Ice Cleats Can Guarantee You Won't Slip on Ice
Ice Cleats can only reduce your risk of falling.
Professionally-engineered Ice Cleats minimize the risk of slipping on ice. Our mutual goal is to keep you as safe as possible
. Winter Walking Ice Cleats have been the industry leaders for over 35 years. Their Ice Cleats are sold through industrial supply houses to some of the largest companies in the United States including those shown below.
"Small differences in Ice Cleats design can have a significant impact on maintaining your traction on ice."
Do you want to rely on the Recreational Ice Cleats you find in local stores and most online stores? Recreational Ice Cleats manufacturers focus on keeping prices low while trying to provide some traction in certain, and often not all, slippery winter conditions. Wearing Ice Cleats that don't work on all slippery surfaces is like playing Russian Roulette
because your next step can be on a slippery surface on which your bargain Ice Cleats don't work.
For a few dollars more, you can minimize your risk by buying Professional Quality Ice Cleats with new, state-of-the-art features that will last several times longer than cheap Ice Cleats. Could you still slip on the ice? Yes! However, at least you will have done everything possible to avoid it. Would you buy a car that was $100 less expensive with brakes that "usually work"?
We sell Professional Quality Winter Walking Ice Cleats. Winter Walking's primary focus is preventing slips and falls on all of winter's slippery ground conditions while keeping prices as low as possible without sacrificing quality and performance.
I don't need Ice Cleats because we rarely have problems with ice where I live.
It only takes one icy sidewalk and one slip and fall to change your life forever. What if you applied this premise to your home? Would you not buy a smoke detector or fire extinguisher because houses rarely catch fire on my street?
I've fallen many times in the past and never got seriously hurt because I know how to fall.
No, you don't! You've been lucky. When you slip on glare or black ice, you don't even know you're falling until you hit the ground. Maybe the next time you won't be so lucky. Furthermore, injuries from slipping on ice tend to become more frequent and serious as you get older.
If there's ice on the ground, I just don't go outside.
Many times, ice surprises you. Icy conditions arise after you're already outside the home. Most of the Ice Cleats I sell are portable so you can have them with you if and when you need them. Remember, it only takes one fall.
We're Ice Cleats and Winter Safety Specialists. Although we do sell other Shoe Traction Devices for all slippery conditions, our primary focus is on Ice Cleats. The expert advice we provide is based upon 16 years of experience selling Ice Cleats. Visit my Ice Cleats Buyer's Guide
to find the best Ice Cleats for your boots and shoes based upon
Beware of rampant misinformation online regarding Ice Cleats!
- your location;
- special considerations regarding the environment in which you plan to use your Ice Grips, i.e., urban, suburbs, rural or hazardous obstacles like steep driveways, sidewalks, hills, and steps;
- your occupation;
- how frequently you go in and out of doors;
- how you plan to use Ice Cleats;
- your physical limitations; and
- your preference regarding balancing risk with ease of use.
Getting bad advice about buying a toaster results in burnt toast. Bad advice about Ice Cleats can result in serious injuries or even death.
5 5 / 5 StarsI could not have had a better company to do business with...
"It was the best experience both speaking with and purchasing from Nolan J. Noecker.
I first called to inquire about them. Nolan was full of information. He made ordering, explaining, and all facets of the order process just wonderful. I could not have had a better company to do business with. We will order again when we need these.
They are a fabulous product. We have given out his name and the company's name to many, and we've had many people look at our feet with the Ice Cleats on and want to know about them. They are fabulous. I have to say that they grip to everything. Ice & snow and sludge and truly one could dance on these weather dangerous elements wearing these ice grips. We've had many compliments as well.
Nolan was a great customer service rep for this product. Johnny on the spot for sure. I talked to him about many things for this product. I can't say enough great about him, the Ice Cleats, the company, the website, all of it. Thank you, Nolan, for a great experience like I've not had in a very long time. You get 5 Stars for fabulous "customer service." , Canton, OH